Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
If you read through it you would see

That's the second time you impute having not read the document to me. I think this is rather unkind. Especially when peoplae actually do read through YOUR stuff in order to provide YOU feedback.

Quote:
One, it is due to change depending on coding restraints and time.

Software and Software Specification are always subject to heavy changes. But "the specification could change so I'd rather not write it at all" is a rather bad argument.

Quote:
I never once said it was completed.

You're never once said it was incomplete. But then if you say that your document could be part of a specification, well then great job. This could really be part of design document.

Quote:
Also there will be things like quidditch, which i will not write a detailed description about as the game is a fan game and intended for fans, therefore they will know what qudditch is.

Fans won't read through your document. The will most probably play your game. Btw. it is a common mistake to not write things down as you think everybody know what xyz is. The goal of a design document is to specify the games content in detail to avoid misunderstandings and the document should be understandable by all types of people.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...