You set your goals quite high for a "fan project".
At least some lines make me think so
"ultimate HP experience" (well no doubt that you are highly motivated, but keep in mind that you, compared with HP gaem devs, are no professional in game development)
"travel to all places in the book" (game development implies creating worlds with places worth or necessary to travel to, but huge useless maps into the last detail are no great "feature", only a tremendous amount of work of which I doubt you'll be able to create in well quality for the time it would need to do so)
"all charactera of the movie and books plus your own" (I think only this task would take a full year of intense work of a good modeller - and animator)

I think you should cut down your goals to a realistic minimum and set yourself a time plan to make a fist game with only a few of what you mentioned.
Especally when you're new to game development I really adive you to start learning with a smaller bit since a rule states that at least your first 3 game dev projects are trash (because you simply don't have a feeling for what is really importand and what is not).

Without your, in my oppinion, much too high goals in the first part of the decoument, the rest reads quite well, but as I said before, keep it down or you'll be frustrated sooner or later.

Fare-thee-well

Last edited by ShoreVietam; 11/16/08 19:56.

My project Schlacht um Kyoto - Das Samurai Browsergame! (sorry, german only)