Quote:

I am biased on Mr Rollings because I saved a project he screwed up. So I know for a fact he should not be writing about designing or even making games.

LOL Can't beat that!
I can't attest to him as an individual or professional but his books are right on par with the other classics in my library (most notably anything with LaMothe in it ).
He's a good writier and the things he has mentioned in his book have worked real well for me.
Now, that he doesn't take his own advice...hehehe

Quote:

I say let him write about it and lets critique it once he is done.

I agree, but we are not doing Red Army a favor by having him write down a blind alley as it where. I see our critiques at this point not as discouragement, but rather as a chance for Red to focus his own work on subjects and maybe re-prioritize content or development time of his book based on our comments.
No one is saying don't write the book. I think what is being said is just make sure you have something new to say or a new way of saying something you know about. If you have nothing new to say, I can go on the net and find it out and if you have a new way of saying something you know nothing about, then it's best not to say that at all.