Quote:

You know C, I started to agree with you on the basis that I didn't consider a Buisness Plan to be on par with Technical Knowledge, but then I read you post more carefully and I'm confused. If in fact...

Quote:

In my opinion, real world experience is NOT a requirement to write an excellent technical book.

because...

Quote:

First, the writer MUST be able to explain thoughts and concepts in clear understandable terms. Second, the writer must understand the topic he/she is covering thoroughly

..then how is that writer supposed to attain said understand if not with experience???? I'm confused cause you say I'm confused, but this is my point exactly...

On this I agree 100%
Quote:

Since I have read literally hundreds of technical books, I can tell you many "experts" could not write a lucid technical book to save their lives. Being a "real world expert" and being a "teacher" via a book are two very different skills.

...but even a teacher must accumulate real world experience before they can speak eloquently and cohesively about a topic, which was again my original point.

fastlane69,

You took the statements apart and removed the context. I wrote the following:

Quote:

You are a bit confused. Being a technical expert does not make you a great technical writer. In my opinion, real world experience is NOT a requirement to write an excellent technical book. Even if it one thinks it is, since red_army014 has actually used the concepts regardless of whether they were for paid engagements or not, one could argue he has enough experience to write on the topic.

First, the writer MUST be able to explain thoughts and concepts in clear understandable terms. Second, the writer must understand the topic he/she is covering thoroughly. Since I have read literally hundreds of technical books, I can tell you many "experts" could not write a lucid technical book to save their lives. Being a "real world expert" and being a "teacher" via a book are two very different skills.

So, to answer your question:

Quote:

..then how is that writer supposed to attain said understand if not with experience????

From my original post:

Quote:

In my opinion, real world experience is NOT a requirement to write an excellent technical book. Even if it one thinks it is, since red_army014 has actually used the concepts regardless of whether they were for paid engagements or not, one could argue he has enough experience to write on the topic.

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet