Crashing after I increased max_entities to 10,000 (a bit extreme but I'm trying to figure out why its doing this) and nexus to 300, and recompiled:

I ran it again without it crashing (did not change ANYTHING) and here is the screen shot (and this is after shooting up the enemy tank so it spews smoke):

I noticed a huge difference in memory consumption in both screen shots even though I didn't change anything.

But maybe the memory consumption is different because the screen grab didn't take until I was trying to recover (note the alt-tab panel)

EDIT #2:

I think the crash that occured after the max_entities number was bumped to 10,000 had to do with an entity being spawned when the missile hits level geometry; the my.event wasn't being set to NULL (I fixed that just a few seconds ago) but this doesn't explain the max entities exceeded error.

And in case it helps, here's a screen shot of the smoke coming from the enemy tank (there was no crash when I ran it this time).

EDIT#3: Now it freezes without giving me any error message and this time the memory consumption isn't giving me a crazy number like 300,000

Last edited by heinekenbottle; 11/20/08 19:51.

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;