Well, red_army014, I have faith in you, disregard all TUSC comments and get this book finished as soon as you possibly can without working yourself to death. As a matter of fact, comments refering to something like TUSC from someone who I have never seen contribute anything to the community what-so-ever enrages me. I have been around long enough to know a bit about who is who. So there is no question in my mind that this project will be in time for me to request it as a Christmas present. Of course, if one expects that 100% of all plannned projects will be completed, they are a fool. But if no company, even Conetic, never advertised what their expected product would be, they wouldn't exist. So, do you want no contributions? Or do you want 50% of planned contributions actually exist? Right now, I don't care, it's up to you. For those who who spend countless hours on their off time trying to make something happen out of consideration for the community, instead of fishing, some whoopie with the wife, whatever, we would like to know. What do you want? I personally will not sit here trying to help the community and get bashed if for whatever reason if can't complete my project. But to get bashed, even before my projected completion time by senior members is unexceptable to me. So use TUSC to destroy the 3DGS support community. Fine, if that's what you want, it's probably what you will get.

As to why Conetic has a fairly good track record, their employees (atleast programmers) are paid every month or bi-monthly or whatever, unlike others who contribute without any pay or get payed only when the project is actually completed. Even so, after all the years 3DGS has been out, only now is so issues like multiplayer finally becoming actually feasible.

If anyone expects someone to spend many hours of one's precious time doing something for free or upon completion without first seeing if there is interest and getting motivation, not 'you can't do it' criticism, from the community, alot of good learning tools that are now available would not be there. I am usually a big fan of Dan, but in this case I am not. Sure there are many projects that are not ever completed, but as long as you have been around Dan, I wouldn't think you would feed into the criticism of those who have consistantly over time made contibutions to the community. Grrr... not happy at all at the moment, need to count to 10 backwards. Anyway, the best tools I have found to learn with, are usually from contributions like red_army014 is try to compile. Please Don't Criticize someone who has been in the community along time and is trying to help! Counting to 10 backwards again. People like George with AUM and who is affiliated to my understanding with 3DGS have done much more for my learning than 3DGS documentation itself. I could list solo-non-payed-contributers for hours, but wouldn't even mention the office tutorial as a recommendation, I learned absolutely nothing from that tutorial when I started 3DGS, except how to be frustrated. Now, if I saw this post was created by the criticizer, MelonHead or whatever, with 38 post, I would question it. Sorry, I am so not a happy camper right I need to get offline before I get myself banned. I am just so seriously pissed after reading the last few post! Its no wonder projects by capable people are never completed.

Never listen to the nay sayers.
I say Yea, keep up the good work! If you need anything, let me know red. ANYTHING! Anything at all, I am there for you.

:steam from ears now cooling my temperature:

Best Wishes To You Red,
Frederick 'Locoweed' Sims

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games