I checked a lot of 3d tools. I actively worked with MED, Truespace, Blender, Lightwave, Vue, Cinema4D, ZBrush, Bodypaint, Reflection, Monzoom, an old version of 3d studio and smaller tools like Milkshape, Fragmotion and Ultimate Unwrap.
I tested XSI and some DAZ tools for a short time.

The sad story is: Most of them differ. You need to learn their UI every time. Some of them like ZBrush or Ultimate unwrap are really exotic. Blender is not that strange.
The interface of Blender even looks better than Maya's or XSI's. But all three of them allow to work fast and efficiently if you know them well.

I could get into Blender very fast (with the help of the Blender book). But I realized that my Lightwave is simply better, more powerful, more stable and faster and provides some more options for modeling and rendering. Though Blender is even better in terms of unwrapping and animation.

Most of the time I used books or video tutorials to learn new 3d tools. You have to master it and you cannot get into it in a few minutes / hours.

At the end it does not matter. If you can make a fantastic 3d-model, if you can texture it, paint details and do good lighting and rendering, then you will beat every spammer easily no matter what tool you have choosen. There are fantastic Blender artworks and there are fantastic pictures from all the other 3d tools.
And the best of them are mostly made with the help of ZBrush. And guess what: ZBrush has the most weird and exotic interface of all of them. But this does not hold the real artists back wink

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft