I do not believe that Darwinism is proven to be true or that Creationism is proven to be wrong. If we evolved, then why are we not still evolving? I think it takes a great more faith to believe that we evolved, than it does to believe in the Almighty Creator. How sad it is for those who have no hope in anything but this life. How wonderful and marvelous it is to have a personal relationship with the God of this universe! He loves us so much that He created us and the earth for us, but He gives us a free will to believe in Him or reject Him. He loves us so much that even though we reject Him over and over again, He is patient and long-suffering and desires us to come to Him.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

We love Him because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19

Yes, we have to come to Him in faith. That is the first step that He requires, and unless we seek Him with all our heart, then we can never know Him. And just believing in God is not good enough.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! James 2:19

The demons believe that there is one God, but they rebelled against Him too. It takes more than just believing that God exists. For most of my life I believed (or thought I believed) that God existed. It was not until I started to search the scriptures for myself and ask God to show me the truth, then I discovered that JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD AND HE IS ALIVE!

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I challege everyone to read the gospel of John and ask God to show you if it is true, but you have to truly be seeking Him with all your heart. You cannot fool God. He knows your heart and whether or not you are truly seeking Him. God will not force Himself on anyone. You have to willingly invite Him into your heart. I think we all have to first come to the point where we allow God to humble us and show us that He is holy, that we are sinners, and that we need the Saviour. Otherwise we continue in our pride believing that we are basically good, and that we can make it through this life without Him.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

I pray you will seek Him with all your heart. I know He is true and faithful and His word is true and faithful. Keep seeking Him with all your heart and you will find Him.

Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Matthew 22:37

By the way, if you read the gospel of John and are truly seeking the truth, then God will show you that Jesus is God.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
John 8:58

May the LORD show you the truth.
smitty