Tobias, I believe that God wants us to believe Him and not what man says.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

I believe that the bible in it's original context is inspired by the Holy Spirit (God breathed), inerrant, and was written by prophets who were filled with the Holy Spirit and guided by Him what to write for God's divine purpose. I believe that the KJV is a just a translation (I have many Christian friends who disagree with me on this) and is not inerrant or written by the prophets who were given the original revelation by the Holy Spirit, but I do believe that God can use translations to preserve and reveal the truth of His word. I agree with you that God speaks to us in three ways: His word, His creation, and His Son Jesus Christ. Yes, man is fallible, but God can and does use anyone and anything He chooses to accomplish His purpose. I am not asking anyone to believe me, but to read the word of God for themselves and ask God if His word is true. God does not make mistakes. It is man, not God, who fails.