Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way. I know you'll deny having superiority feelings about your beliefs, but it strikes me how you keep implying, however jokingly, that you are religious and therefore must be right.

Phemox, I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, nor am I superior to anyone. I know that I am not as intelligent as most of the people on this forum. I do not believe I am right because I am religious. As I have said before, religion is man-made. What I believe in is not religion. I believe in God/Jesus Christ and that the bible is His word. Man has made religions out of it. I put no stock in man or religion. Yes, I know I am right. I have no doubts that God is true and His word is true. It has nothing to do with me at all. When I realized that I was a sinner and that if I was wrong I had everything to lose, I asked God to show me if Christ is indeed the truth. The bible says that when we accept Christ as our Savior, the Holy Spirit seals us and indwells us forever. I did not know that at the time, but after I asked Christ to forgive my sins and save me, I began to read the bible and understand it, when before it made no sense to me at all. This is why I know I am right, because it is the Holy Spirit who enlightens and illuminates the word of God for us. Like I said, it has nothing to do with me. I am nobody special. I am just a sinner who deserves to go to hell, but I am saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ. It is so simple that even a child and even I can understand it.