Quote:
That's an interesting point of view, but Christianity is no different from other man-made religions.

Actually it is. Religions are work based. Religion is man trying to reach God through good works. Christianity (true Christianity) is not a religion, but a relationship. Man is incapable of reaching God on his own, so God reached down to man and provided a way for us to be reconciled with Him.

Quote:
I can see how you think of your belief as something incredibly personal though.

Yes, I have a very personal relationship with the One and only true and living God. This is only possible through knowing Jesus Christ as my Savior. Of course this relationship is available to all and anyone who is willing to humble themselves and call upon the Name of the LORD to save him.

Quote:
I'm not questioning what you're saying here, but technically you're not right, but simply very convinced. The same is true for me, but with an opposing opinion.

You and others may think that I am just simply very convinced, but God has revealed Himself in His word and continues to do so. He is alive and His word is alive. Yes, you may say that the same is true for you, but one of us is wrong.

Quote:
Besides, the real 'simplicity' lies in the fact that it's not possible to actually provide proof of God's existence itself and as a result we will never know, or as I would say it doesn't change the extreme unlikeliness of God's existence or influence.

Everyone will know one day, but you can know now. It is up to you.

Quote:
When it comes to simplicity, it only makes sense that if there really was a God, he would make himself known,

He does make Himself known to anyone who seeks after Him.