Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer
I want to say the following. Only a fool can say in certainty if there's a God or not. We may attempt to explain the aftermath of Big Bang and how humans and everything else has evolved to their current state, but no scientist has the answer to what initiated the Big Bang. We do however have evidence that explain to a certain extend what happened from Big Bang until today, but none to claim if there's a God or not.

Okay, I agreed with this when I was an agnostic, and I think it's a much more honest position than straight out denial of God. However, I came to the conclusion that while it is impossible to claim that there is no God, it is actually possible for someone to claim that there is a God. Let me explain.

Let's assume for the sake of argument tht there is a God. All powerful etc... He would be able to hide His presence, or He could choose to reveal it. If God chose to reveal His presence to someone, that someone would be a fool -NOT- to claim that there was a God. Now I'm not saying that I'm such a person, I've arrived at my belief through more mundane means. But this is the entire concept of prophethood in a nutshell. This explains why the prophets were so darn stubborn, assuming again that the history about them is accurate.

At the same time, while I don't think God will reveal His presence to just anyone, in the same way that He revealed it to, say... Moses, But I do think He reveals Himself to everyone in some lesser way. The more we respond to this, the more He reveals. This is one reason I don't think it's at all illogical to believe in a God, and why I maintain that Intelligent Design is a valid theory, worthy of our school system's acknowledgement.

Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer
...Now you may ask, well who designed these laws of physics then? Scientists have long tried to unify all four forces of physics into one and I think that eventually they'll succeed..

I would ask that... yes. To me this part of your argument really supports the intelligent design side. If it's not random, then it must be laws that control the universe. If it's laws, then who wrote them? Why are they consistent throughout the known universe? What is causing them to remain intact over centuries and eons? I can really understand why some people don't believe in God, I didn't for a long time. But I can't understand how anyone could claim that there is definitely no God. It's really illogical. We're so small in comparison to the whole universe. Our sphere of knowledge is so tiny, the more we learn, the more we realise that we don't know. I'm repeating myself, but I really think atheists are either lying to us, or lying to themselves.

Mind you a lot of religious people also seem to be lying to themselves too. They clearly haven't thought any of this through, and they rely on blind faith. I've encountered them from many faiths, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, etc... I'm not saying they're bad people. Just that they are not thinkers.

Then there are those who take religion, or some philosophy, and use it to justify whatever thay want to do. Those people are bad, or severely misguided. Whether they're Christians, Muslims, Darwinists or Flying Spaghetti Monster worshippers...