Smitty, I watched it. It is not vulgar, there is no nudity or anything. But it makes an argument which seeks to disprove God's existence. I think you could handle it.

Lukas, your argument about God's opinion changing is invalid. Let me explain. You stated that if we assume God created the universe and its laws, then they should be perfect. Therefor there would be no reason for God to interfere with events on Earth, like answering prayers, performing miracles etc...

However, this argument assumes that we know God's intention behind creating the universe. It assumes that He was trying to create some machine which works perfectly. It's actually taking materialistic philosophy and applying it to God.

God's purpose, as most religions would present it, is to test mankind, and to sort out the good from the bad. You can call it heaven and hell, karma, whatever, but the idea is the same. The universe is a moral experiment, not a physical one.

As I've stated before, I don't think God's existence is something subject to scientific inquiry. Everyone will draw their own conclusions from the same data. A believer will look at suffering and see God's hand, while a disbeliever will look at the same scene, and be convinced that there's no God.

The prayer thing is the same, you can always draw different conclusions from how or whether our prayers are answered. It does not change the fact that God either does or does not exist. One side is right and one is wrong. We will not know for sure until we are dead. This alone scares me enough to side with God.

I know I will die one day, and I have no idea what will happen. How can I be so arrogent as to assume that I know what will happen after I die? So to prepare for the unfortunate possibility of a Hell, I try to be good, and ask God for His mercy etc...

If I'm wrong, it won't matter to anyone. If the disbeliever is wrong, he'll be regretting his decision for all of eternity. It's like playing Russian Roulette. You might win the money, sure, but is it really worth the risk?