Originally Posted By: Lukas
Originally Posted By: smitty
very well said, Dooley! Excellent! smile

smitty and Dooley, are you the same person? laugh

No, this shows me that you haven't been reading very carefully. Smitty is apparently a Christian, and I, as I've stated in almost every one of my posts, am a Muslim. Muslims and Christians have a lot of beliefs in common, namely One God who created the universe, the concept of Prophethood, that God revealed books to His Prophets, in order to guide humans to correct belief and good deeds, and the idea of an eternal afterlife where the good will be rewarded, and evil will be punished.

The main differences are in the belief area (most of the good deeds mentioned in the Bible are similar in the Quran, like praying, fasting, and giving charity). The Christians believe that Jesus was the Son of God, and that he is God, and that by sacrificing his life on the cross, the sins of the believers would be forgiven (correct me if I'm wrong here). Christians site the Bible as their primary source of knowledge about God.

Muslim's believe that Jesus was a prophet, not God or the Son of God, and was never actually killed, but was protected by God, and that God is fully capable of forgiving our sins without such a sacrifice. Muslims believe that the Bible was at one time revealed by God, but that over time, naughty Jews and Christians have corrupted it's text (whether intentionaly or not) and that it is no longer a trustworthy source of guidance. Muslims believe that the Quran was the last book revealed by God, and that it holds the most authentic knowledge about God.

Smitty and JulzMighty and I could probably have a very lively debate about these differences, but we are banding together for the time being, because we believe that evolutionists have gone too far in assuming that they can determine spiritual matters through our limited human observations.

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty

@Dooley: we don't often have Muslims in these discussions, and it is good to be able to be in the same discussion as you. we both have similar logical arguments: the Russian Roulette argument, and your response to Lukas' argument is similar to mine, neither of which Lukas shows any indication he's actually read.

Agreed, I really think Muslims and Christians have a lot more in common than that which divides us. It's a shame that there's so much mistrust between our faiths, due mostly (I think) to past misdeeds on both sides.