Originally Posted By: JulzMighty

i'm not presuming that you make cruel video games; off the top of my head i don't know what games you've made or worked on. but most games are cruel, aren't they?

I appreciate your attempt but we are talking about a much more serious issue than a video game

May I have an explanation to the following question ?

The Bible claims that God created a perfect world , the Eden, but Adam and Eve spoilt it eating the apple
The Bible admits that the world is cruel but it charge the responsability on the men not on God
This is consistent with the creationism but not with the intelligent design
In this case God is responsible

I was replied that I should not assume that concept of good and evil is innate in me

well I have been educated as a Catholic, it is exactly what the catholic church claim
The concept of " good and evil " is innate in the human beings ( the cocience) regardless if you are a catholic a protestant a muslin or even a savage of the forest, being a reflex of our creator

This is a quite reasonable position being strictly necessary to avoid an "ethic relativism"

If so, why my feelings are completetly diffrent than the ones of my creator ?

Should I really believe that a God of love has created a world which for me is horribly cruel just for his pleasure same as we create and play violent videogames ?

Hard to believe

P.S.

You asked me if I develop and play this kind of games
Good question

You must make a distinction between a violent and a cruel game

A Quake like game is a violent game but it is clear, being so exagerated, that it is also a fiction
No problem with it
I will never neither develop nor play a game with realistic brutalities vs people and animals

Last edited by AlbertoT; 12/13/08 15:24.