Quote:
"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and We made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?" (Quran 21:30)

The heavens and the earth were all together, and God seperated them. How would an Arab merchant in the 6th century know this? There are many such statements in the Quran which have left scientists baffled as to how it was written so long ago, when theories on the origin of the universe were pretty unscientific.

Please forgive my ignorance (and, no, I did not read your original post, Dooley), but what is this talking about? What in that verse from the Qu'ran is even remotely scientific that a scientist would be baffled by it? Again, please forgive my ignorance.

Quote:
The heavens and the earth were all together, and God seperated them. How would an Arab merchant in the 6th century know this?

Because a Jewish scribe penned it down some 2-3000 years earlier? The book of Genesis predates the Qu'ran by that much.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios