well dont want to screw the thread or something,

first off, i want state that i am a Muslim(not that religious tho.)
second, Islam and Christianity is basically same thing in the core and very similar at most parts.

The main diffrence is the understanding the God, Jesus and God's attributes, and how religions explains them.

before the story and wath Quran says about Bible/Jesus/Holy Spirit/God, according to Quran:

We do believe that the God in both religions is the same God.
Jesus is His prophet.(Im saying "His", but according to Quran God has no gender.)
God did not born, or given birth. God is eternal.
God is free from human needs.(No eating,infinite knowledge,never getting bored etc.)
God sees/hears/knows everything.

Except from the gender and eternality parts(i saw some topics like "God is dead?") both religions was pretty muech saying same thing i guess.now for the Jesus and Holy Spirit:

The first miracle of Jesus is that he has no father, Maria gave him birth without any father.

Jesus is His prophet and messenger, God sends revelations(i guess this is not the exact word, but i mean messages from God by revelations) via Holy Spirit(?).

For the diffrence on understanding of Holy Sipirit:
Gods sends revelations via the -one of 4 Archangels- Gabriel. Gabriel can be in any shape, can be visible/invisible to humans or just only His voice can be heard. There are events like "A stranger comes in to room while Mohammed and some beilevers were sitting, and delivers a message from God. Other asks to Prophet, "who he was?" He replies, "He was Gabriel." means they saw him., and some other like Mohammed only hears him."(Btw, angels dont have a gender too.)
IDK if Holy Spirit and Archangle Gabriel are diffrent things in Bible, but this basically, who delivers revelations and who Gabriel is.

And While Jesus was still on earth, Bible was the God's word, but then a traitor(or an agent,dont know that part much)betrayed Jesus and his followers, but God didnt let Messiah Jesus die, God raised Jesus to himself. They thought they killed Jesus, but they didnt. (im not sure if this is from Quran or not -i guess not-, it's said that God showed them the traitor in the image of Jesus and they killed the traitor not Jesus). Some day Messiah Jesus will come back. But after(idk how long) Jesus leaves, people edited the Bible with their own will and understanding, which caused religion to start to getting out of order.

for other Archangels,
(Azrail) Archangel Azrael : the angel of death (never named as Azrail in Quran, only stated as Archangel of Death.)
(Mikail) Archangel Mikhael(or Michael): the angel that is responsible from the nature and natural events on the universe.
(Cebrail) Archangel Gabriel: The angel that delivers messages and orders of the God to His Prophets
(Israfil) Archangel Israfel (same with Raphael i guess.): The angel that will wiffle the trump of doom when the day comes.

God dont die,get hungry,get bored.
Knows/Controls/Created everything, including you.

well at least something related to thread

According to Quran Bible shouldnt be teaching that the Jesus is god.

if anyone gets harrassed/insulted from this post, i wouldnt mind and understand if this gets deleted.

Last edited by Quadraxas; 12/16/08 18:36.