As Salamu Alaikum Quadraxas - I'm a Muslim too.

For the rest of you guys, that means 'peace be upon you'.

Your post is most welcome here. However, the topic is if the Bible teaches whether or not Jesus is God, not the Quran. I have another thread about whether the Bible or the Quran is true:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=241339#Post241339

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Romans 9:5: "Theirs [the people of Israel] are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen." - NIV

Jesus doesn't say that He's not God by saying that He's His Son. as His creation we are His sons and daughters, so as God created Jesus the person for Himself to be, Jesus is His Son. so if Jesus doesn't say He's not God, and the Bible (as i quoted) teaches that He is, then the Bible explicitly teaches that Jesus was (and is) God.

julz

Thanks for your contribution. This is a very valid point, however the meaning of this verse is not as clear as you may suppose. Look at this translation of the same passages from the RSV (Revised Standard Version)

"They are Israelites, and to them belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 9:4-5)

This is a very different statement, I am not 100% sure which is the correct translation, but even if the NIV is correct, there's more to consider. Read this passage fron the Gospel of John:

JN 10:30 (Jesus says)I and the Father are one."
JN 10:31 The Jews took up stones again to stone him.
JN 10:32 Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of these do you stone me?"
JN 10:33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we stone you but for blasphemy; because you, being a man, make yourself God."
JN 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, you are gods'?
JN 10:35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came (and scripture cannot be broken),
JN 10:36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
JN 10:37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me;
JN 10:38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

The verse of the Torah which Jesus was referring to is Psalms 82:6-7, where it is stated:

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

The point is that the word used for 'god' in this context is 'Elohim' which is used to refer to the One God, but also to people in positions of power, i.e. Judges etc...

Jesus is referencing this verse, when he makes the claim that he is the son of God, and when he says thet he and the father are one. Why?

This statement is clearly a denial of any claim to divinity. In this context all of us are sons of God, and Jesus is no different.

There are many other verses where Jesus himself denies being God.