Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:
In fact, just ask yourself "what caused God?" and it's clear God isn't really much of an answer either.
but didn't i just say that we have to assume something existed outside of causality to begin causality? so God doesn't need a cause.

either way we have to assume something beyond our comprehension,

We do not need to assume anything beyond our comprehension. Instead people should accept that we are limited in knowledge.

Quote:
i just say that we have to assume something existed outside of causality to begin causality? so God doesn't need a cause.

You mean like wind starting a treadmill? Okey, but using the same analogy, why would wind create a treadmill just so it can make it rotate? In my opinion it doesn't make sense to assume something outside of causality started causality.

Of course the easy way out would be saying God created both wind and treadmills so to speak, but it would mean he quite impossibly made himself or something.

Quote:
and by calling God "by far the least likely cause" you're making bold assumptions about the unknown.

Not at all. God as the answer for the 'gaps' in our knowledge is simply an invention. It's not an observation and it's definitely not even something that would make sense as 'answer' for a lot of reasons.

God can not be observed, but future observations would definitely give us more insight into the first and beyond as far as what happened in the beginning goes.

Some things aren't easy to understand, perhaps we think in terms of start and end because we are mortal and limited in time. Perhaps the theory of collapse and expanse makes the most sense, perhaps the big bang was just 'one of many'.

It really makes no sense to assume a God was responsible.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software