Originally Posted By: broozar
define "true". "less contradictory" does not qualify as "true", in my eyes. and is "truth" covering unspoken (assumed) things as well?
quote]

I had a different name for this thread, which was a bit more explanatory, but it didn't fit in the field. 'More Reliable' is what I believe I actually meant.

[quote=PHeMoX]
Neither one of them and the Quran does have contradictions as well actually.

I have not found any real contradictions in the Quran. Please provide a source for your claim. I have heard this claim before, but I've never seen anything remotely near an actual contradiction. When I say the Bible has contradictions, I'm referring to things which just can't be explained logically.

i.e.
1. 1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.(KJV)
2. 2 Chronicles 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.(KJV)

This is just one of many. If your interested, I can provide many many more.

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX

Hahaha, yeah, and then there's that and the relevance of the question itself. It's not like people that are convinced of one thing are going to agree with a rival religion because the texts may be more reliable,

But this is a description of me. I used to be Christian, and I became Muslim. I could not believe the Bible was 100% God's word, because God would never make so many mistakes. It was only logicall to assume that the mistakes came through human error, and with so many human errors, the reliability of the text as a whole comes into question.

After many months of research, I discovered the Quran, and found no problems in believing it. That does not mean that I can prove that it is 100% correct, but I'm convinced. Only one's own efforts and personal study and reflection can lead to belief, it can't be taught, or enforced on someone through an argument.