Dooley, I have looked at some of the discrepancies of the Qur'an and the Muslim responses to them. The problem with Muslim apologists is about the same as that of the Christian apologist: their faith blinds their objectivity. In many of the cases, some non-Arabic speaker will point out an error or discrepancy based on an English translation. The Arabic speaking Muslim will point out the error of the English translation and refer back the Arabic, which the English speaker has no way of reading or understanding. Then an Arabic speaker comes along and points out the error or contradiction in the actual Arabic (possibly validating what the English speaker said and the English translation used). The Arabic speaking Muslim will then point to the number of different ways a particular word can be translated and then chose the word that best fits HIS BELIEF and best counters the opposition's argument. In some cases this may be done despite the fact that the word in question was not understood to mean that when the Qur'an was written or despite the fact that the common understanding of the word in question is not typically used that way. This also happens with Bible interpreters that know the Hebrew and the Greek, by the way.

When things are this fluid, it is difficult to pin down anyone on anything. Also, many of the verses in the Qur'an are so vague that they can be interpreted to mean just about anything. Several of the scientific ones that you turned me on to are just like that. I tried to read some of these verses from the Qur'an without knowing the supposed scientific "fact" they pointed to and tried to see if I could even guess what it was supposed to point to. The verses were usually so vague that I had little idea.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios