Quote:
yes, you're stuck. i showed how your own logic contradicts yourself: you say there cannot be a God because you don't see evidence for Him. you also say everything obeys causality. the Big Bang obeys causality, but we don't know what caused it yet. why don't we know? no evidence! but your logic says that no evidence means no existence!

The Big Bang introduced causality. We cannot say what was before. But we can say that our current universe is causal. And always was.

And i say there is no god because there is no evidence for it, yes. The same no evidence as for trolls and fairies and imaginary seamonsters or the pink elephant. The same no existence as for every fairy tale.

Again, when YOU say that every non evident fact is true, then you have to believe in all fairy tales too. And i mean ALL.

Quote:
yes, we all need to think outside the box. by saying that something cannot exist outside of causality, you effectively assume that causality does go back infinitely.

Nope. Wrong. Causality started with time. You need time to have one effect after another. After is a time word. And time started with Big Bang.

Quote:
Lukas is basically asking "what caused the first cause?", assuming nothing ever existed outside of causality, and that causality goes infinitely into the past (ie: everything had something that caused it that happened before it). nothing wrong with that theory; only the blind assumption that it's true isn't exactly thinking outside the box.

What caused the first cause is unanswerable. As told above, causality needs time. No time, no causality. And no, it doesn't go infinitely into the past. It ends at the Big Bang. Well, looking from that angle you can say the first cause was the Big Bang.

Everything before cannot be proven. And is just imagination. Which means none of them are true.

Last edited by Tiles; 12/19/08 07:59.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de