Quote:
What about the idea that the Big Bang is both, the first cause, and the first causing? I know, it is as hard to follow as the thought of infinity. It must start and end somewhere says our brain ...
sorry i don't understand. how is "first cause" different to "first causing"? all i'm saying is God may have caused the Big Bang.
Quote:
Causality is bound to time, means there is a before, there is an after. But Big Bang started time. Means there is no time before, and so no causality neither.
but why did the Big Bang happen? i know you don't know, i know you said you don't know, and i know that that's perfectly acceptable. but there must be a reason for the Big Bang, even if (like you said) we don't know it yet. even if that reason might be God.
Quote:
And that point is what is the important one, which you simply refuse to understand, What you don't want to understand because it is against your faith,

To describe it that way would mean there is a god.

But there is none. There is NO god. There is no unicorn. There is no fairy. There is no murder, no murdered. There is NO GOD.
refuse to understand? based on what? all i'm saying here -- all this discussion between you and me is about -- is whether or not God's existence is possible. you're saying there cannot be a God. while i believe God exists, my point here is just that you cannot authoritatively say there cannot be a God.

you need evidence for that. there's no evidence against His existence. just like there's no evidence as to what i had for breakfast yesterday. none that anyone will ever find, anyway. i had organic puffed rice with goat's milk and a banana, but you'll say "no! there's no evidence, so it didn't happen!" maybe i'm lying, but maybe it's true. you'll never know, but you can't authoritatively say that on that morning Julian Smart (my real name, if you believe me wink ) did not eat organic puffed rice with goat's milk and a banana. you might say the banana skin is evidence, but i live in a family of five; who knows who really ate it?

i've had enough of this discussion.
Quote:
Honestly, i've lost the track now. Too much open points were we disagree ...
yeah, i can't be bothered any more.

but it's okay. as much as we disagree, what happens in Hilbert's Hotel stays in Hilbert's Hotel wink.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!