Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:
Quote:
What caused god? Did he origined by chance?
The answer that he lived "outside causality" would be rediculous.

That's exactly right, it clearly makes no sense. But I do think the answers aren't within our current uhm frame of knowledge and perhaps even logic so much. Perhaps or rather probably we will need to think outside of the box.
yes, we all need to think outside the box. by saying that something cannot exist outside of causality, you effectively assume that causality does go back infinitely.

Lukas is basically asking "what caused the first cause?", assuming nothing ever existed outside of causality, and that causality goes infinitely into the past (ie: everything had something that caused it that happened before it). nothing wrong with that theory; only the blind assumption that it's true isn't exactly thinking outside the box.

The infinite cause was just a possibility I mentioned. But I tend more to the big bang with a singularity.
And I don't think the big bang needs a cause. You are twisting words. The big bang is the BEGIN of cause. Events that would have happend before the big bang wouldn't have any influence to us, because the big bang was a singularity.

The claim that a "god" lives "outside causality" contradicts itself. According to the claim that god influences us and we can get punished by him, events in the real world can cause things in your fantasy world (e.g. make god angry) and the other way round (e.g. genocide in the old testament). So events that happen outside causality need a cause, which includes the creation of god. So there can't be something "outside causality" that influences our world. quod erat demonstrandum