Quote:
"but there must be a reason for the Big Bang"
The big bang needn't have a cause.
but God does? that was your argument before.
Quote:
The claim that a "god" lives "outside causality" contradicts itself. According to the claim that god influences us and we can get punished by him, events in the real world can cause things in your fantasy world (e.g. make god angry) and the other way round (e.g. genocide in the old testament). So events that happen outside causality need a cause, which includes the creation of god. So there can't be something "outside causality" that influences our world. quod erat demonstrandum
no. i don't live in my pool, but i can interfere with it. the Big Bang wasn't "within" causality (as you said yourself it didn't need a cause) yet it interfered with everything. just to clarify: i meant that God's existence is beyond the bounds of causality; not that He is trapped outside of it, and i don't think that implication was made.

and yes, i did say i was done here, but that was with specific regard to my discussion with Tiles, as we were both going in circles.

but i don't think i need to say anymore. we'll find ourselves in the same position, Lukas, if we keep going at this rate.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!