Aah, good to see that there is plenty of interest for that! So shall we have a contest like that next weekend?
Should there be a requirement to have a "developmentticker"? I think that this would be very insightful when it comes to creating games: Beginners would have the opportunity to see step-by-step how games can be created. Of course, we'd limit that to, say, one update every three hours (more if preferred, and only needed when the person actually did something in those three hours). However, I can also understand if most of you are against this kind of thing. Opinions?

As far as guidelines go, you're right, thats definately important! Such a minigame-contest could even be done pretty regulary with different themes ("create a puzzle game", "create an arcade game", "create a game that fits the christmas theme", etc.). I'll make sure to give you guys an interesting theme to work with smile

Since I'm the only one actually working this weekend... laugh
I've posted an early development shot in the ticker. Thanks for the support, guys!

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!