Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Quote:
I guess Aliens would be a good analogy. You can't say they exist, but you can't say for sure that they don't.

Well, it's really not quite the same, but yeah to some extent it's good analogy. Still the chance that we will find aliens, in whatever shape or form, is immensely bigger than finding an invisible God that according to some can not even be defined as a 'being'. Searches for a tangible God being will fail on beforehand.

You know, we actually have some ideas on where to expect (alien) life in our universe. That can not be said from God.

In my humble opinion God is just a somewhat clever idea from ancient times, designed to be an answer to certain questions, nothing more.

Oh, and what if we find aliens with superhuman powers? Would they qualify as 'Gods'?

Cheers

I suppose that if we ever discover anything supernatural, then one of two things will happen:

1. Science will eventually explain it and then it becomes no longer supernatural. The Sun, for example, was once considered a god and is now known to be a thermonuclear fusion reactor, a main-sequence medium size star made of hydrogen and helium.

2. Science will fail to explain it and the debate will continue, the atheists claiming that science will explain it when other new technologies become available and theists claiming God.

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;