Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
no registration confirmation after 12h - too bad.
(you should check such problems before you start such a short time contest!)

Too bad that it doesn't work, did you check your spamfilter? If you had post that earlier, maybe we could have worked something out. Oh well.

I realize that we should have tested that beforehand - and we did! The problem is, this contest had to be organized in a very short amount of time, since we wanted to do it around now - shortly after christmas - since most people then have a bit of free time. If you take into account how quickly the whole contest was organized, I think we managed pretty good.

Quote:

Most sad downside is that I will be doing this in void when I don't finish it on time :P. And I wont finish it on time. Less so, if this contest is over, I wont finish it at all smile. And I have nothing learned about my project, nor can anyone else. I think this is for more participants the case, so we're stuck with a heap of unfinished projects nobody wants to finish without a contest... ^^. Second thing is that I need to let go of alot of "good" code and ideas, and end up with alot of bad samples and a poorly executed idea.

I remember you writing that we could start that project we always wanted to do right now, but this contest is far from that philosophy :P.

I disagree: I'm very positive that you've learnt something from thsi project! Maybe you've improved when it comes to working under pressure, maybe you've learnt a few neat tricks when it comes to time-improvement, maybe you've seen that you are able to create a prototype in a few hours. Maybe you've learnt something very different, and maybe you are not totally aware of it, but I'm certain that due to this contest, you actually did improve and learnt something new. smile

As far as the time is concerned - Thats an interesting dilemma we're in, huh? If the time we give is too long, then you can't really take part when you have a bigger project. If its too short, then these kind of problems arise. What would be a better time? A week?

We've toyed with the idea of doing this kind of contest semi-regulary (say, four times a year), so we are naturally very interested in hearing your opinion on it: How often, what amount of time, with or without themes, give more or less "inspiration", etc. If you could take a moment and answer these questions, that'd be great! smile

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!