Hi all,

I've recently returned to 3DGS and am going through the workshops for Lite-C.

I've gotten through the first 9 workshops well enough. I'll probably go back and re-read them a couple times just to help them "sink in", while using the information... Important thing is I understand them, and they "click".

However, I'm completely lost on Workshop 10, where it gets into using time_step. I've read that section over at least 8 times now... and it's just not clicking. It's probably because I'm less-than-good at math, but I can usually at least understand the concept fairly quickly, even if the functionality takes a little longer to grasp.

I'm fine with the concept here - making certain things, like a plane rotating - rotate at the same overall rate, independent of frame rate.

Where I get lost is the math involved. Even with the excellent job the author does of explaining things elsewhere, I'm still lost on this time_step thing. Sadly, this has always been a weak point for me... explain concepts to me and I'm fine. Start throwing numbers and equations as part of that explanation... and I'm lost. My brain, it seems, is quite stubbornly locked up in the right hemisphere.

I really want to grasp this, but I'm wondering if there's another, even more plain english way this can be explained?

Thanks a bunch in advance

-MIke

Last edited by Preypacer; 12/31/08 18:47.