I think it's just not a good thing to force limitations on your customers.

My opinion is to keep the 800 x 600.

I think the casual games should definitely still have this option available, because a lot of people still have a computer from ages ago, and wont buy a new one when theirs works fine.

But again, that's primarily for the casual games crowd.

The Steam ratings are from a base of game players... and it's obvious they will have higher end equipment to run games with, so for this particular matter, their poll is worthless.

I think Casual games should still have 800 x 600 resolution, but games who count on graphics as their only draw probaby won't want this.

I wonder though, how much work is it to keep/add this resolution to the options? To me it's really a non point. The player should be able to decide for themselves.

Wrong or right, i'm not going to lose a single customer because I just felt like removing a screen resolution option. There's still people using that resolution, and so I won't deny them. That would be bad customer relations.

In my opinion, this thread could have been answered simply with a response of:

"Not many people use this, but since some people do, there's no reason to remove this option because it's pointless to do so"

- Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com