Quote:
1. Since you didn't mention it in your last post, I assume you agree that bad things which religious people do, does not disprove the religion - IF - the religion does not actually tell them to do those bad things.

The bad things doesn't have to do with proving or disproving religion. But the religious system supports those bad things. It's a system of control. And does everything to keep this control.

Quote:
However, would you agree that if a prophet was telling the truth, then the religion would be good? I mean, assume there is a God, just for the sake of argument, and that He did actually communicate with a person. Would the message still be bad in your eyes, or would it be good?

Neither nor. Prophets have the bad manner not to provide proofs of their visions. A vision is no proof. You can meet lots of people with visions in special locations nowadays by the way. And they can heal it now.

Quote:

To take it further, if a prophet came to you, and showed you a miracle, and you saw it with your own eyes, would you then believe it?

I never believe. I prefer to know. That's the big difference between us wink

When somebody does a so called miracle then i want to find out how he did it. Burning bush? Hmm, i have a lighter here. Easy. Burning down a town is a bit more complicated. I've seen volcano eruptions that spits fire though. So it was surely a natural cataclysm. Easy. Giving people bread? I go to a baker in such a case. And so on. I know of no so called miracle that didnt rely at some tricks. In the end there is just dust left from your so called miracles. Or some elements at work. Absolutely nothing that couldn't be explained. Tricks.

You tell us about an almighty god though. Why would an almighty god need to use tricks? Why communicate through some very doubtful people? Why not appear, and proof its existance? Whoosh, all doubts gone at once.

Give me a proof that your god exists. Not cheating miracles. Or Simon said. Or it is written. Provable facts please. Everything else will not convince me, sorry smile

But that is the problem, and we've been at that point before. There was no proof in the past. There is no proof now. There will never be a proof. It is called faith, not knowledge. There cannot be a proof anyways. There is no god.

Last edited by Tiles; 01/02/09 19:15.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de