Quote:
Example: When I say I literally know something is true, I believe the test to figure out whether or not something is true, was acceptable enough and indeed 'proved' beyond reasonable doubt that something to be true.

Surely you don't believe that the origin of all matter is proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Besides, it is well known that only math has proofs, science only provide evidences for theories. Even math has its grey areas, nothing in the universe can be proven absolutely.

But in contrast there are plenty of intangible, immaterial things that can be proved absolutely. For example your willpower is absolute, also your imagination is absolutely boundless.

A survey will find that there are many non-material things which can be proved in absolute terms, and in contrast no material thing can be proved absolutely. Therefore aren't non-material things more "real" than material?

Since material things had to have an origin, it makes sense that they would originate in the non-material. In other words, for the universe to emerge from no time and no space, it would need to have been caused by something which had no time/space limitation.
Quote:
Contrary to what a lot of Christians think, morality isn't exclusive to people with faith in a certain religion only.

In fact, read your Bible and you'll see 'Christians' murder, rape or what not
I don't think that at all, I agree 100% that Christians do not have the exclusive ownership of morality. However, Christians have long seen the inability of mankind to uphold morality, therefore enters Jesus who pays the price for the 'debt' of immorality.

True Christians follow Jesus, they do not follow a set of moral codes.

Moral codes cannot be obeyed by humanity, history shows that.

Last edited by TriNitroToluene; 01/02/09 22:47.