Quote:
Tiles and Lukas (if I've understood them correctly, have claimed that they only use 'science' to judge what is true or false, and not their feelings or intuition.

You have misunderstood me at that point. I don't use science to judge what is wrong or right. Moral is not measurable. That is not part of science.

My wrong or right is based at the laws of the society i live in. And that laws are much more accurate than religious laws. Because they live in nowadays, and not in an ancient time. My wrong or right is based at how i grew up. What i have learned. I grew up in a western, christian society. And so my moral is also based at that. Plus my wrong or right is based at what i call common sense.

Quote:
To me, the physical laws are a sign of God's existence in themselves. Sure, we may discover a source for these physical laws, but this 'cause effect' reasoning will go back to infinity.

Proof?
Quote:

I still maintain that God is outside of the realm of science and direct human observation.

Proof?

Quote:
On the other side, the claim has been made by many people that there is a God. While the books about these 'prophets' do have some problems in the details (specifically the Bible), the overall message is pretty clear. That people came with a claim to prophecy, that God had communicated to them, and that there is a higher purpose for the universe.

Proof that they talked to a god?

Quote:

So as humans, it's easy to make the connection between our 'feeling' that there must be a creator, and our 'feelings' of 'right' and 'wrong', and the claim of the prophets that there actually is a creator, and that He will judge which of us acted on what is 'right' from those of us who acted on what is 'wrong'.

Hm, i am human. And do the opposite. And the facts tells me that i am right wink

Quote:
I have not studied every human culture in detail, but every one I have studied so far, will mention this belief at some point in their history. To me this is a historical evidence to the claim of the Quran, that God has sent a messenger to every 'nation'.

You mix cause with effect. Religion was in ancient times the only way to explain the world. It all started with the first shaman. The shaman benefits from being the shaman because now he has a very high position. The tribe benefits from that because now they have somebody who explains the world for them, holds contact to the unknown forces and shelters the tribe. A Win Win situation. And such a situation will not vanish. It will continue. And it continued in nowadays religions.

To interpolate from that that there must be a god and that this god has talked to lots of people is simply wrong.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de