Regarding Creationism, I've already stated my views that the Bible is not accurate enough for science class.

I would still teach Intelligent Design in science class, if only for the following reasons:

1. Many great scientists from the past (Newton, Einstein, Ibn Sina) have sited God as the cause of the Universe. Some were actual Muslims and Christians, and some were more like deists (I mean Einstein here), who did not believe in a personal god. Nevertheless, the word God was used, and that deserves mention.

2. The Quran and other religious texts from around the world claim that God did create the universe. This has had an impact on science, and in the case of the Quran, really helped move the sciences forward. The Quran's statements which predict scientific discoveries are worth mentioning also.

3. The negative aspects of religion could also be mentioned, like how the Catholic church tried to suppress certain discoveries which conflicted with the Bible. This could be contrasted against the way the sciences flourished under Islamic civilization. These are historical realities which had a definite impact on science - positive and negative. Perfectly relevant for a science class. I have no problem with other cultural and religious contributions to science either, I just don't know much about them.

While I still maintain that God is not a concept that can be proven or disproven through science (Tiles), it has had an undeniable impact on the sciences which cannot be ignored.

God still remains an open question. For one, there is no other obvious explanation for the existence of the universe. Science is limited to what can be observed and tested. The cause of the Big Bang, is something outside of science's ability to test, at least so far.

Second, God's legacy remains in His books. If you do not want to read them, or you have already concluded that they are fairy tales, that's your choice. You are ignoring a huge part of human history. When I read the Quran, I did not actually expect to believe in it, but I read with an open mind, and I was convinced of it's truth.

Yes we should compare our beliefs to reality. If our beliefs contradict reality, we have to accept reality. So far I have seen no conflict between what the Quran says, and reality. Therefor, I believe the things it mentions about those things which are unseen, i.e. life after death, God, etc...

Finally, believing that God created the universe should not deter anyone from finding out more about it. Belief can create an attitude of curiosity, even if it is to test whether one's beliefs are true or not.