Me likes this passages best:

Quote:
98:6 Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.

98:7 Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures.

Best creature, eh? And i am the worst creature, eh? No wonder you cannot leave your hands away. You are SO good, and i am SO bad ...

And again this black n white thinking. It does not work in reality, why should it work with a god?

There is a ton of religions that says exact that about its faith. Believe US or you will burn in a hell. OUR god is the one. OUR god has the biggest ...

What makes you think that your religion is the right one?
Quote:

1. Many great scientists from the past (Newton, Einstein, Ibn Sina) have sited God as the cause of the Universe. Some were actual Muslims and Christians, and some were more like deists (I mean Einstein here), who did not believe in a personal god. Nevertheless, the word God was used, and that deserves mention.

Yup, they mentioned that they haven't found any proof for a god ...

Quote:
2. The Quran and other religious texts from around the world claim that God did create the universe.

And the way this "god" made the earth gots disproven.

Quote:
This has had an impact on science, and in the case of the Quran, really helped move the sciences forward.

WTF? Arabic culture was growing and evolving. Then came the islam. And arabic culture started to stagnate. It has moved the science and the whole society backwards, not forwards.

Religion is slavery in the name of a god.

Quote:
The Quran's statements which predict scientific discoveries are worth mentioning also.

No

Quote:
God still remains an open question.

Not for me. A disproven lie is no open question.

Quote:

For one, there is no other obvious explanation for the existence of the universe.

Not for me. A disproven lie is no obvious explanation.

Quote:
Science is limited to what can be observed and tested.

Science has blast away the chains of religion.

Religion relys at one book full of fairy tales and lies. Most of this book is even disproven.

Science has filled whole libraries with provable knowledge, growing.

Who is limited here?

Quote:
The cause of the Big Bang, is something outside of science's ability to test, at least so far.

There is more than one scientic theory. And they all don't need a god. As usual.

Everytime science tried to check the fairy tales of the existance of a god they found nothing. And when humans find a way to check big bang they will also here not find any proof for the existance of a god.

Quote:
Second, God's legacy remains in His books. If you do not want to read them, or you have already concluded that they are fairy tales, that's your choice. You are ignoring a huge part of human history. When I read the Quran, I did not actually expect to believe in it, but I read with an open mind, and I was convinced of it's truth.

Yes we should compare our beliefs to reality. If our beliefs contradict reality, we have to accept reality. So far I have seen no conflict between what the Quran says, and reality. Therefor, I believe the things it mentions about those things which are unseen, i.e. life after death, God, etc...

Finally, believing that God created the universe should not deter anyone from finding out more about it. Belief can create an attitude of curiosity, even if it is to test whether one's beliefs are true or not.

Can somebody else answer this? I loose interest ...

Last edited by Tiles; 01/12/09 19:05.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de