Hold on now. All I've done is to respond to your points and offer a possible alternate explanation for things. I never, as far as I can remember, just say 'your wrong, and I'm right." and leave it at that.

If I've done this, I do apologize, I don't remember doing it.

I understand your point on science. It is a valid way to find the truth. I agree that human beings should use their abilities to find out about the universe, to discover cures for diseases, and learn how to invent new technologies. These are great things that can improve life for everyone. They can also be used destructively, if people are careless, as our current environmental problems demonstrate.

However, science is limited to those things we can observe with our senses, or with the tools we invent to observe things which are outside of the range of our senses. This leaves two major gaps in science namely:

1. What happens to us after we die?
2. How was the universe created?

Religion steps in and claims to have an answer. Does this make religion right? No it doesn't. However, it makes people interested in religion, because people want an answer.

So far, I think any scientist, or atheist would agree with me.

The big difference is in how we interpret religions. You assume that they are made up by people, trying to control others. As proof, you site the fact that many religions propose things which are contrary to what science has discovered. The Bible is a prime example of this phenomenon.

I, after having studied many of the worlds religions, have come to a different conclusion. I think there is a core of truth behind all religions, that of God and the afterlife, but that over time human beings manipulated the message, or changed the scriptures. This is why there are scientific errors in many religions.

This is why I found the Quran to be different. I did not see any errors in it. You may disagree with it's message of disbelievers being punished in the hereafter, but that does not make it wrong.

As for your interpretation of the Quran, I would like to correct your assumption that verses should be taken out of context. No educated Islamic scholar would take verses out of their context, because this leads to wrong conclusions. The Quran itself explains this:

"...Believe ye in part of the Scripture and disbelieve ye in part thereof? And what is the reward of those who do so save ignominy in the life of the world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be consigned to the most grievous doom." (Quran 2:85)

It has to be taken as a whole. Those who take things out of context are actually committing a sin. It is a problem for religious people, and many of us do it, but that doesn't make it the fault of the religion, rather it is again the fault of the people.

Another example of this is regarding the Jews at the time of the Prophet:

"And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly." (5:13)

The Quran is criticizing the Jews for taking things out of context. This is a big warning for Muslims not to do the same thing. Unfortunately, many Muslims do it anyway, but it's not because the Quran tells them to.

Regarding the verses you sited which refer to killing. These have to be understood in the context of a war. The Quran does not give any justification to start a war, but it does give guidance on how to conduct one, once others have started it.

It's important to mention a little more context here too. The verses regarding warfare did not come until the Prophet was elected as leader of the city-state of Yathrib. The existing tribes of Yathrib (Medinah), became Muslims. They had treaties with the Jewish tribes who also lived there. These treaties were also ratified with the Prophet. This is important because it demonstrates that war is something which states and governments are charged with, not individuals.

"Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers." (Quran 60:8)

This is the default position in Islam regarding any person. To treat them kindly and with justice.

"Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you..." (Quran 2:190)

The command to fight is mentioned in the context of someone attacking the Muslims. It is a defensive war.

Sorry to spend so much time off topic here. I just think it's a bad idea to accuse a religion of something which is not true. But at the same time, I understand why you might have gotten the wrong idea about Islam, there are plenty of Muslims who have this same misunderstanding.

As far as DNA, Quantum Physics, and a detailed description of gemstones, I think you understood me wrong. I never said that the Quran is a book of science, it is a book of guidance. My point was that it does not contradict science. It even has some descriptions of things which science has only recently been able to uncover.

I've only given one example of this, the description of mountains as 'pegs'. no one has yet commented on how Muhammad knew that the mountains acted as 'pegs' when there was no sonar equipment to determine such a thing.

There are more examples like this, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one first.

As a religious text, it had to make sense to the people to whom it was first revealed. If it went on and on about Quantum Physics, the Arabs would have been bewildered, and no one would have even understood it.

However, I would bet that there is nothing that Quantum Physics will discover, which will clearly contradict the Quran. I would even bet that there are verses about quantum physics in there, but as a non-scientist, I probably would not recognize such a verse. I will search for such a verse for you...

Finally, I'd appreciate if you all would not accuse me of being a liar, or deluded, or trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I am here, sharing my perspective, as are you. No one is forcing you to come here and read my posts. Ultimately, I realize that I have to die one day, and unless you can guarantee that I won't go to Hell, or you can disprove the Quran, I plan to remain a believer.