but in my opinion unity is the most similar product to gamestudio so far. so it probably will be the most serious competition conitec has ever seen.

unity has the same scripting and general ease of use philosophy, it's a complete and mature authoring system with everything you need, it's in about the same price range,... but in contrast to gamestudio unity does most things right and not just halfheartedly.

the a7 engine isn't that bad. the needed improvements (better physics engine, high quality shadow system,...) wouldn't be that huge but progress always takes way too long. jcl shouldn't always hope and wait for user contributions to fill the gaps.

i see absolutely no future in WED and MED though. they are FUBAR and i find them unusable. (i don't want to insult wlad. smile i think the code base of the editors is very old and hard to work with. it goes back to some quake editors conitec bought.) a new editor which uses the engine in the viewports would have to be rewritten from scratch. probably it would make sense to use C# for it instead of C++ and MFC.

i am really looking forward to unity! smile