Quote:
Second, I mentioned a few things about what would indicate that a book is divine in origin:

1.It would claim to be from God

Yes, and so does about a zillion other holy books. Just because a book claims to be from god does not make it so. I could easily sit down and write a book claiming it is god's word.

Quote:
2.It would not contradict itself.

It does contradict itself. And this is not much of a proof, either. Again, I could write a book that claims to be from god and does not contradict itself.

Quote:
3.It would not contradict reality.

It does contradict reality. The Qur'an teaches a flat earth (many verses), that the sperm of the man originates in the area of the chest, not the testicles:

"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted-Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs," (Qur'an 86:5-7).

And there are many other examples.

Quote:
4.It would reveal things to us, which we are not able to know.

It does not reveal any truthful thing that we don't already know. It may reveal "fantasy" things (things that are not from reality).

Quote:
5.It would reveal things to us, which we are able to find out later – make predictions.

It does not. Give me one prediction from the Qur'an that has come true. Just one.

And to top all of this off, you in particular, Dooley, cannot even be sure of ANYTHING that you find in the Qur'an because YOU do not even read Arabic! In one of the other threads some GameStudio users that do read Arabic corrected your quotes. So, how can you even be sure that the Qur'an does not contradict itself, reveals a truth we could not know or predicts the future?

Now, that is a "low blow" and I admit that. I am fairly sure that the English translations give enough of the sense of the original Arabic that English speakers can understand the vast majority of the Qur'an. But I just wanted to bring up that point because it does give another level of uncertainty to the non-Arabic speaker/reader.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios