Quote:
1. We cannot know with certainty from direct experience that God exists or not.

I could write books on why I disagree on this. When there's an uncertainty this huge, why go with the by far most unlikely option with a lot of gaps, twists and what not anyways instead of going with what we do know?

Quote:
2. If God does not exist, we will never know if there is a God or not.

And why would that be? If we are, very much like we already have, going to continue to figure out more and more of this world, why wouldn't that change the status of God as something beyond improbable? You know, when you think about it, nothing is certain anyway. Not in an absolute manner.

Quote:
3. If God does exist, He can break rule #1, and communicate with us if He wishes.

But at the same time the total lack of proof for divine intervention and so on in my opinion are evidence on how God isn't more real than the invisible pink unicorn God. Meaning, what's the relevance of the argument, when it doesn't change anything? The one thing that doesn't change is the lack of evidence.

Quote:
Another big point where we don't agree, is the definition of Intelligent Design. You seem to think it is simply a disguise for creationism. I think it is a conclusion based on actual data. My understanding is that proponents of ID, do not deny scientific findings, and they do not promote the Biblical Genesis story.

No, they don't deny most of science, but they still for some reason assume complexity and rarity is somehow a direct clue of how an intelligent designer is behind everything. Truth is, ID-believers can't really cope with the fact that they can't see past our current horizon of knowledge so to speak. They can't really deal with the immense amounts of cause/reaction/etc. data that lead to where we are now. wink

Why ow why, should a "God" have caused some kind of Butterfly-effect billions of years ago that eventually caused where and what we are today? What's even weirder is that certain people for some reason believe it somehow must have been an 'intelligent' act.

Quote:
It is called religious propaganda. It's like you would think that Hitler was good, just because you saw a nazi propaganda film!

Great analogy.. same weird stuff is going on when it comes to opponents of stem cell research and what not.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software