Have you already applied through UCAS and deferred a year or are you planning on applying fresh next year?

If you have enough time to think about it (applying next year), I'd say the best thing to do is to have a walk around a lot of the universities to see if you like the university and the area.. then I'd focus on the course because there are a lot of universities that will offer a similar choice (computer related degrees are quite common among a lot of universities).

Also, if you go to a course related open day (you may have to go for an interview at some universities when you apply) they'll give you a lot of info and the opportunity to find out exactly what the course has to offer (which is good when there are a lot of very similar degrees).. I wouldn't necessarily rely only on what your tutor has told you because at the end of the day it's going to be you taking the course and they may well not have studied it themselves (that's not to say they're totally wrong, but you should try and make your own decisions).

Are you planning on staying local to home or moving away by the way? smile