Yo, anyone have issues with the latest drivers? For some weird reason starting games at times causes my screen to go black, windows still going on, but nothing visible. Is this a driver bug? Something else?

I'm kind of lost on this. I am going to install older drivers tonight, but at least my PC works again. A few hours ago it didn't even boot properly, got stuck in the black screen thing. Windows XP seemed to boot fine, but I couldn't see a thing. Luckily Windows XP did it's notorious scandisk stuff, checking the indexing and what not. At first I thought it's a hard disk issue, but it doesn't seem to be that either.

My graphics card is a AMD ATI HD2900XT. Had it for a long time, never caused any issues. Same is true for my monitor, which can't be the issue as it's happening with my other monitors as well.

Anyone got a clue? It seems my 3D card magically 'forgets' it needs to send output to whatever monitor connected.

To make things even stranger, running 3D gamestudio is working great. Starting Day of Defeat Source or Telltale's Texas Hold'um cause a black screen crash.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software