Hi

Thanks for all the info.

I wanted to avoid having to convert individual keyframes from TrueSpace(hundreds of them) and then import them as frames (e.g. .fbx or .3ds) into GameStudio as this is very time consuming. Being able to use a plugin to import a TrueSpace scene seemed to be an attractive alternative to individually converting large numbers of individual keyframes.

Okino responded to me and said I cannot take a truespace scene and convert this to a series of individual keyframes. The lengthier route of converting individual keyframes into various formats would be possible.

I do have a very old version of TrueSpace so perhaps a plugin might still be an option with that?

Another suggestion on the TrueSpace site was that one would not have to import the TrueSpace scene into Gamestudio as frames and it may be possible to simply play the animation using coding in the SED. I can't see how this would work? Firstly, I cannot see how one could get a TrueSpace scene to run in GameStudio just using coding in the SED e.g. even if one converted a truespace scene to a .wrl file and tried to run it from the SED. There would be an issue with being able to get it to run (I think) even if one could open it. Secondly there would be the issue of skins which I think wold be lost.

Hopefully what I have said is clear. Any further thoughts are most welcome!!!

D