Originally Posted By: ortucis
Haven't heard of a single game off that list unlike GameStudio where I have actually bought many games (and read their reviews on major sites).

Probably cause it is Mac only but still, it will be interesting how the tools will work on Windows (remember how Safari turned out on Windows?).

No need to be a total 3dgs fanboy. 3D Game studio does a lot of things right, but there are other tools out there.

I have not heard of 99% of the 3D Game studio games.. Does that make 3DGS any less of a tool and engine?

Up until A6, 3DGS had some of the WORST tech demos ever.. You can not always believe what you see.. You have to try the tools out for your self before you pass judgment.. I know right now you can't exactly do that if you do not have a mac (you can always build a hackintosh wink ) but don't shoot it down just yet..

As for the whole safari comment.. Really you cant even compare. They are complete different products made by complete different developers.
Plus Unity (the tools) would have to pretty much be rewritten from scratch for windows..

One thing I must mention, this is probably one of the best communities around. I have mainly been a lurker on the unity boards, but many questions go unanswered and the board overall is not very lively compared to here. I think this is one of the strongest points for A7... Right now I am in the process of choosing an engine for a college project and it is between unity(mac version) and A7.. If these forums did not exist my choice would have been made very easily...

Last edited by VPrime; 03/10/09 09:03.