Originally Posted By: ortucis
Right, I don't even have a GameStudio license. As a gamer I have seen 3dgs games (you aren't a gamer, I can tell, you are just hurt that I said Unity games are in the unknown realm) out there, in Indie sites to sites which carry AAA content mostly.

Safari comment was how Mac > PC port isn't an easy job. Somehow I doubt it that Unity will make a flawless jump when even developers like Autodesk face countless issues with Windows only apps.

So don't get too emotional, I don't care about fanboyism to be one myself.

EDIT: Btw, what exactly has a tech demo got to do with 3dgs having more and better games out there? I am still evaluating 3dgs and waiting for Unity trial as well. I came to 3dgs without viewing overhyped marketing talk/fanboyism and didn't even run a tech demo. I started using the tool since I was already familiar with editors for Quake 3 games (while learning Lite-C of course).

In the end I found this engine not because of fanboy talk in forums (like Unity has here, there is no one recommending 3dgs in countless forums) but after playing games created on it. So I couldn't care less if Unity has a editor that makes games and washes dishes for you. In the end I am just evaluating like a new user. I will look at pros and cons and what has been produced (you can choose to ignore that if you want).

Ok, just by one post of mine (I can tell it is one post, as I think this is my first post in over a year) you know all about me and the fact that I am not a gamer.
As for being hurt about Unity games, I could care less... For me the best tool is the one to get the job done. One day it may be Unity, the next 3DGS. It is a program, I hae no emotional attachment wink

I know what you meant by the Safai comment, but really it has no real purpose. The two pieces of software are developed by 2 complete different companies, and are in complete different categories. They really cant compare. Also it is NOT a port.. The engine already runs under windows (you can compile games, and the cross platform web browser plug in).. And it runs pretty much the same as a mac compiled version. So they can clearly write proper windows software.
Also as I mentioned already the tools can not be ported over. They will pretty much have to remake the whole thing from scratch.

The tech demo comment was more about how you should not judge the tool set only by other peoples creations.. You know the old expression "don't judge a book by its cover" ? Same concept. You may not have not run any tech demo, but you have seen some compiled 3DGS games.. Just because they are nice (or not) does not mean you will have similar experiences. So hold off on judgment until you have actually tried the product.

You seem to already have the opinion that A7 is better in every way, but have not even tried unity.
The comments by people who support unity are not fanboys.. They are from people who have actually used it (mac version). They are sharing their own experience. Sharing how the work flow actually is better.. You don't need to take it as an attack. Other engines have been discussed on this board since the beginning. The discussions here are from both 3dgs users AND Unity.. They are not fanboys for saying one product is better than the other.

Fanboys are the ones who will love the product they chose to the very end. Denying all fact that there are better solutions out there.