Originally Posted By: VPrime
My point was not that you shouldn't look at games with A6/A7 to see what the engine is capable of. The point was to look beyond the games. Sure the games give a rough idea of the capability of the engine, but really can any one create professional quality work?

Give most of the users here the Crysis engine, do you think they can reproduce the same quality as Crysis or Farcry 2? No..

I'll be honest with you, I still have no idea what you are trying to say. I was just commenting on the games produced and the reason for less games on Untiy (for Windows) being that most developers are Windows only (in other words, now that the tools are for Windows, we will see more titles for Windows).

As for Crysis bit, first of all, no one expects studio quality work from modding teams (since the 'users' will only mod, unless they are part of a bigger team with actual license). If you have the actual license for something like Crysis, you have a team of artists and programmers who will create quality work for you as well (if you don't, then.. umm, too much money?). So it still doesn't make any sense what you are trying to say..

Your posts read like you were defending Unity while getting offended at me talking about games out there for both engines (I never said even in first post that 3dgs is better, you assumed anyway). So you are just reading too much into my own comments in the end. I am just here to evaluate, am there on Unity forums for evaluation as well. I am only interested in best tool for the job in the end like you. So we are probably bitching about nothing..

Last edited by ortucis; 03/10/09 16:30.

Click to reveal.. (warning)