Quote:
hey Tiles... i really don't get what you're saying

Sure. You don't want to ...

Quote:
your comment is really interesting, since EVERYTHING you see in this video was made by ME, all the models, textures, collision meshes, normal-maps, shadow-caster models, skybox, and it was extremely easy to put them together and make them look and work good inside 3D Rad...

Looked like the standard stuff. And it looks too much like the demo video they offer at their page. As told, one of the first things you could watch at the 3D Rad page was a primitive standard racing game level. That kind of stuff you show here. I have honestly turned off your video after the first ten seconds. I have seen such propaganda things too often.

If even, you "just" have filled in your graphics*. And sell it as your "game" now. Congrats. A game is a bit more than a few replaced graphics though. The trouble starts at exact that points where all these limited demo engines ends. And the trouble becomes this big with every new bit you add that you are in heavy trouble to finish anything.

*I'm not saying your art is bad. Can even be that you are the better artist of us two.

Quote:
I'm not on the payroll here, just want to be fair... i don't respect hate filled negative opinions, because we loose objectivity, this kind of opinions can be found in the forums of every engine about every other engine smile

Sure you are not on the payroll? You act like a fanboy. Have i at any point introduced hate or any other feelings? It's you who tries to introduce feelings to defeat your fanproduct wink

I just have told you my experience i had so far with 3D Rad 6. Which was no good ones. That simple. And just because it doesn't fit to your opinion doesn't mean that i am wrong, that i am hate filled or that i have lost objectivity. I have the same rights to tell my opinion and experiences than you have. Even more because you even asked for opinions. Again, when you dislike the truth, then don't ask.

Show me the tons of games made with 3D Rad when it is this good. Ah, you cannot. There are no such games. So who is right? wink

Quote:
I personally enjoyed doing this demo,

To repeat myself, when you are satisfied with what 3D Rad offers, fine. Then 3D Rad is for you.

I tried it, i got tricked, the tool was too limited, i couldn't get my things done. And i have left it then.

Quote:
... as much as i enjoyed working on different interactive applications made with various engines and multimedia apps.

Ah, now we are talking. That's your kind of argumentation. So you think you know more "various engines and multimedia apps" like me? Means your opinion counts more? How can you be sure? wink

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de