Originally Posted By: lostclimate
christian, microsoft products have an actualy oem version for thier products, things like zbrush do not, so they are lying claiming that it is oem when a oem version doesnt even exist.

Yea thats why I said I didn't believe $50 for a current version of photoshop.
The thing is there are many ways for software to get to the web that is semi legitimate. There are OEM versions, Student versions, old versions etc. Not all the discount software sites are selling illegal software. So you can get a good deal just don't expect free software.

@AlbertoT there is no way to tell for sure if a software is illegal until the developer takes you to court. Even asking them if the software is legal doesn't work. They make no money off of discounted software so they do not recommend it even if it is legal. And what a company considers illegal software may not in fact be illegal. Conitecs policy of only transferring a licence once may be in violation of copyright law, I do not know if it has ever been tested in court.

@Dan Silverman actually that stuff is illegal in Russia but it is not enforced. I was on a trip a few years ago to Russia and me and my friend went down to the corner Kiosk and they were selling all kinds of software for a fraction of its cost. She said it was illegal but nobody ever was prosecuted. A combination of sticking it to the western companies and not caring.

And yes the web is polluted with illegal sites!

A7 com core 2, 2gb ram, geforce 7600