Quote:
So in nutshell Blender has bad UI because it is splitscreened and has horrible GUI.

I never really said that splitscreen is bad, just that i personally dislike it. My software offers me splitscreen too. But not only. Blender though just offers splitscreen when you want more than one window.

Anyways, you have convinced me that splitscreen is no argument for or against. That is indeed a thing of personal flavour. Count me as convinced at that point.

But yeah, the Blender UI is horrible for me.

Quote:
The confusion in the GUI comes from the lack of experience.

Nope.

I definitely don`t lack of experience. I've used and seen lots of software over the years. And to repeat myself, 3D is also nothing new to me.

The confusion comes form a UI that follows no standards. Blender has menu items all over the place (parts at the top, parts in the middle, parts left, parts right, parts hidden by mode, and at absolutely curious places ... i talk for example about the settings menu at the top that you can pull down, means when you know that there is a settings menu, or about menuparts that just appears when you have entered a special mode), is officially completely hotkey driven (I am simply not made to use just hotkeys. And NO, i don't have anything against hotkeys, i use them too.) with the limit that you can't even customize these hotkeys, every new tool just gots added over the years where there was free space left, means curious hotkeys and button constellations (there is just the word cluttered for it), i talk about buttons where i don't really know are they active or inactive. I was more than once trapped by this. Is hilighted active? Is it really a this big effort to make a button animation that is pressed down? ...

I also talk about things like the odd DOS load/save dialogue for example. Gives me half an heart attack every time i need to load or to save something. But yeah, Blender is made for Linux. So count that one out when you want.

A button or icon driven UI has buttons or icons, means this UI has in best case tooltips and/or a symbol that can tell you what tool awaits you. This is what i call intuitive.

Hotkeys don't have symbols. Hotkeys have no tooltips. Hotkeys even don't tell you that they are there. Now go figure ...

In Blender we talk about a UI where you have to learn everything from tutorials or manual. Nothing is intuitive. There is no chance to figure anything out by yourself. And you better never ever forget your needed hotkeys. Means the workflow is as follow: starting Blender, starting manual, starting a Blender forum, starting tutorial, and first SEARCH ...

I have for example still not found how you can simply move in the workspace. This is very first basics. Such things should jump right into your face when the UI is good. And even here i get quickly stuck. Middle mouse button at least rotates the workspace, and you can zoom in and out with scrollwheel. Fine, but not enough. I could not model that way. And again i am at the point where i would have to open the manual, or to ask somebody ...

And what is this curious red-white ring with the fadecross good for? And and and ...

That's what i talk about when i talk about the bad UI of Blender. It simply is bad arranged (and that you can put parts to other locations doesn't really help. I don't even know which part does what, so how can i arrange it?), it has a very steep learning curve, is hard to handle, and is counter intuitive. I stay with my opinion, it is an example of how a UI should not be.

Quote:
If all of the GUI's would be that customizable, people would be horrified of the basic Windowsian blocky toolmenubars.

*cough*. Not every Windows software has to have blocky toolmenubars. And not every UI has to be this limited than the Blender UI. Give me at least customizable hotkeys, that would help alot ...

Quote:
Myself? I love it.

I'm fine with that. Best of luck.

Quote:
There is absolutely zero "cluttering" or being bad.

We will never have a consensus at that point.

Quote:
At least I haven't seen senior Blender user with having sad face everytime they launch it.

Because those with the sad face have already left. And never became a senior user.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de