Quote:
I'll be honest and say that more I use Unity editor, the painful the thought of using 3dgs editor becomes. :P
I felt the same. smile

Quote:
2) Every Mac user out there has a Mac mini. If a more expensive (or "advanced") tech is common among users, wouldn't you rather have that to test your game onto? (why would you optimise it for lower end if that shouldn't be the target anyway)
Then I guess you also buy 20 different Windows PCs for testing your Gamestudio games. smile You canīt really expect a lone wolf developer to have a huge testing center at home.

Quote:
3) If you know nothing about OSX. What happens when bugs are reported? You have to learn ins and outs of OSX now?
A game runs in the engine and has almost nothing to do with the underlying OS. I think you are exaggerating those issues a little.

Quote:
4) Lot more possibilities? What happens when your game isn't portable? Will you port an FPS to iPhone? What happens when your game isn't for browser based plugins? In the end you pretty much come down to downloadable standalone app.
I donīt really understand this argument!? smile Itīs no big deal to keep the other platforms in mind when designing a game and of course you have a lot more possibilities with Unity. Gamestudio has no ports to different platforms at all.

Quote:
5) It doesn't cost 600€ EVERYWHERE in the world (and 600€ is still way too expensive, you can buy a pro license for that instead).
In europe a mac mini costs 600€ at the moment and as far as I know they are cheaper almost everywhere else. If you are a cheapskate you can also install OSX on your normal PC.