Bible is wrong in some parts, this is what we believe in Islam.God sent another Messenger because the previous messages were altered/modified in some human will.
(though im not religious and dont know the religion in depth...)

I didnt really completely read Bible nor Quran, but from what i see understanding and definition of God is both similiar and slightly diffrent. But in both of the religions the definition of the God is impossible in this universe.This is mostly the main cause people not believing God. Imposiblity of God. And again according to our belief the definition of God is not exactly true in current Bible.

[begining from this part i am talking from Islam aspect] But God doesnt live in this universe nor God has a life.Life,death etc. is created by God and is something that humans are bound to, not God. God is eternal. But this universe is not eternal, has a begining and sure will have an end. All universe is created by God, and no, he didn't created evolution to make His works easier. (Altough i say "His", God doesnt have a gender either.)
When people try to understand and concive an image of the God in their mind, with their limited thinking and imagination, they come to the result that God is impossible.(Plus they always try to imagine God as human-like thing which makes it harder.)Limited thinking? Ideas, possiblities and thinking are limited to all knowledge we got, and the maximum knowledge we can get is the all knowledge in total in this universe. And this knowledge is not enough to assamble a complete image of the God in limited human mind.(by image i dont mean just the apperance of God but also his capabilites of doing things.). Just like no one can really imagine eternality. (Yeah you can say that no begining-no end, but no real image, just an explanation.)

Anything on this universe(contatining other dimensions) can not create a single atom, nor can completely destroy it. We can only convert them to diffrent types of existence but cannot create a new one from nothing, and we cant make an existing thing to not to exist. The capability of "creating" is exclusive to God.

First, in Islam, Jesus is not a God nor son of the God. He is the messenger of the God, just like Moses,Muhammed,David,Noah,Lot.....

Definition of God is very detailed but basically, He is not born,not given birth,He is immortal and eternal. He has full control over all universe,and created it.
God is not dependant on time, time is just another thing in this universe created by God. And God doesn't get tired, He is completely free from human needs. Things like hunger,boredom,getting tired are human things which is God not bound to.

Creation of the human race is similiar in both religions, Adam and Eve, apple and that kind of stuff. The existance of the Satan is about same time, but thats another story, you can read Quran for this.

But another question rises, "ok, then God creates/controls everything then why we are here and living our time, God control's us right? Why don't He just send us to heaven or hell and remove the ability to questioning reasons of being in hell?". Well, this is a complicated part, before getting answer for this you have to find a lot answers for other questions, but answer is that God gave humans free will. Altough we have free will and can decide which way we go, God knows which one you choose since He is not bound to time. Being time independent is another thing that limited human mind can accept easily.

About spirit, actually scincefic disciplines like para-physcology points existence of such thing you have to experince yourself to believe. This part is where i became a believer. But i am not gonna talk about this long stroy either. But matter itself is does not complete a human. there must be an external power/being.

[For science vs religion part]
I don't know about Christianity but science and relegion is not opposite things. Islam itself encourages people to learn/make/spread/research/discover science. And there is no single conflict between Quran and science. You can't solely define evolution as scince since it's a theory and yet to be proved. There is a lot of parts that evolution and Darwin himself accepts but can't explain with or fit in the theory. There are scientific facts like bigbang cannot explained without existance of outer power(God). God is not logical? "Nothing exploded for no reason and created everything" is not very logical either.Ok yeah this questions used alot against atheism and evolution but there are another facts tho. Such things like bingbang is evidence to existance of "Outer Power". In fact all that universe and beatifully harmonic systems in universe is sings of a "Outher Power that is not Mindless".

i talk too much again.

this is sorta video i like about finding God(english video, title says, Story of Australian Man Becoming Muslim.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC4Lsfutx38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSuJyhiboI

sorry for being off topic mostly, if i distrub/harass anyone this can be deleted.

Last edited by Quadraxas; 04/04/09 23:49.